BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 5 November 2009

Krautrock -Music For your Brain Vol 2 (UNMISSABLE INTRODUCTION TO KRAUTROCK!!)


This is an extraordinary compilation of the genre known as "Krautrock". On six CDs in nearly 480 minutes you will find an overview of all the great music of the "Deutschrock"-phase.

This volume 2 contains:
Agitation Free, Amon Düül II, Annexus Quam, Atlantis, Bröselmaschine, Cornucopia, Cravinkel, Electric Sandwich, Eloy, Embryo, Emtidi, Epitaph, Faust, Frumpy, Gomorrha, Grobschnitt, Guru Guru, Hallelujah, Improved Sound Limited, Jane, Kin Ping Meh, Kollektiv, Kraan, Kravetz, Liliental, Lucifer's Friend, Made in Germany, My Solid Ground, Mythos, Novalis, Os Mundi, Popol Vuh, Professor Wolfff, Randy Pie, Rufus Zuphall, Scorpions, Klaus Schulze, Silberbart, Sitting BullTangerine Dream, Triumvirat, Wallenstein, Walpurgis, Witthüser & Westrupp and Wonderland Band.

It has never happened before that such a huge spectrum of bands and artists of so many varying styles within the genre is found on one compilation. So, it is an absolute highlight for fans and beginners!

CD 1
01.Scorpions - I'm goin' mad 04:52
02.Eloy - Today 05:56
03.Cravinkel - Sitting in the Forrest 10:17
04.Silberbart - Chub chub Cherry 04:28
05.Guru Guru - Tango Fango 03:46
06.Embryo - Warm Canto 10:01
07.Electric Sandwich - Devil's Dream 06:21
08.Atlantis - Living at the End of Time 09:05
09.Walpurgis - My last Illusion 11:20
10.Kraan - Mind Quake 07:40
11.Kin Ping Meh - Drugson's Trip 05:53

CD 2
01.Amon Düül II - Dem Guten, Schönen, Wahren 06:12
02.My Solid Ground - BBB 06:41
03.Mythos - Oriental Journey 08:16
04.Novalis - High Evolution 04:28
05.Os Mundi - Ouvertüre + Kyrie 08:57
06.Faust - No Harm 10:17
07.Epitaph - Crossroads 04:49
08.Rufus Zufall - Schupfner 05:16
09.Triumvirat - Spartacus 07:38
10.Kravetz - Ann Toomuch 07:55
11.Popol Vuh - Ich mache einen Spiegel / Part 4 08:44

CD 3
01.Emtidi - Die Reise 10:04
02.Bröselmaschine - Schmetterling 09:35
03.Witthüser & Westrupp - Rat der Motten 08:05
04.Novalis - Laughing 09:10
05.Jane - Spain 11:53
06.Grobschnitt - Symphony 13:44
07.Agitation Free - Haunted Island 07:11
08.Annexus Quam - Osmose III 10:36

CD 4
01.Klaus Schulze - Stardancer 13:38
02.Liliental - Stresemannstrasse/Adel 11:03
03.Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear 10:38
04.Faust - It's a rainy Day Sunshine Girl 07:27
05.Wallenstein - Mother Universe 08:41
06.Wonderland Band - The Hill 11:53
07.Cornucopia - Spot on You, Kids 12:23
08.Improved Sound Limited - Doktor Bob Dylan 05:14

CD 5
01.Gomorrha - Opening of the sealed Book 05:45
02.Silberbart - Brain Brain 16:16
03.Topas - Lemon Boy 03:52
04.Lucifers Friend - Thus spoke Oberon 06:45
05.Scorpions - Lonesome Crow 13:29
06.Professor Wolfff - Das Zimmer 04:45
07.Frumpy - I'm afraid big Moon 06:25
08.Cravinkel - Garden of Loneliness 09:48
09.Epitaph - Stop look and listen 09:55
10.Guru Guru - Salto Mortadelle 03:41

CD 6
01.Jane - Here we are 06:06
02.Made in Germany - The Arrow and the Song 06:55
03.Os Mundi - Sanctus 09:05
04.Kollektiv - Rapunzel (Live) 08:06
05.Kravetz - I'd like to be a Child again 09:35
06.Randy Pie - Luie 09:04
07.Hallelujah - Hallelujah sings of Strange 07:48
08.Eloy - Something yellow 08:15
09.Sitting Bull - Trip away 10:25 Vol. III

**See Comments!/Make comments!!

13 comments:

psychelatte said...

=>CD1
=>CD2
=>CD3
=>Disc 4: CD4
Disc 5:CD5
=>Disc 6:CD6

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

I am so happy to have found your blog! I knew the Vol.1 of this series, but I had no idea there was also a Vol.2 out.

This is so great!
I can't believe my luck!
Thank you so much!!!

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Hello again,

meanwhile I have started downloading this set, and I found there is a mistake on CD4: track 5 (Faust) is reported as "corrupt".

In your tracklist above you made a mistake in the list, you left track 3 out and continued with Faust as Nr.4, but the left out track is actually in the download.

So I think you just made a typing mistake here in the blog, not in the upload. But I wonder what happened with that track. Can you check that? Is that really corrupted, or should I just try it again?

For people with a fast connection that question seems weird, I know, but downloading a file beyond 15 MB needs strategic planning on my side, as my husband's downloading capacities (in the office) are very limited. At home I have a dial-up computer with 28 kbps, that will download a 3 MB file in 15 minutes. (Only to give you an idea...)

Please let me know whether that track (Faust) is really corrupted or whether it was just a glitch during the download. In the latter case a new download should fix it.

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

P.S. I forgot to mention how happy I am about the great artwork you have added to the music.

I have the first set already, but I will download that CD1 of the first set as well, only to get the great pictures. I assume it is inside CD1, isn't it? It was here.

Really great!
Thank you so much!

Phil said...

This is freakin' awesome!! Is there any way you could re-post disk #4 -- there's some kind of problem with it...
Love your entire site!!!
-P

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Hello again! Guess who has broadband now (since this morning)! Yay, me! So I can download all myself at home now! Super!

I have noticed there was a mistake on CD4 (track 5 is reported as corrupted), and so I tried to dl it again, thinking, maybe something went wrong during the dl before. But no, same mistake comes up again, and Phil above had it too. So we can assume there is a corruption in the file.

Could you maybe fix that? All other files are ok, just track 5 of CD 4 isn't coming.

Thanks a lot in advance, this collection is sooooooo supergreat!

psychelatte said...

Hi guys! I'm really sorry about cd4, I didn't know there was a problem with it. I do not actually have broadband or internet at home (apart from on my phone), all my uploading and most of my posting is done at the library.
The quickest way for you to get a good copy is to use another blog. I originally downloaded this lot from Phrock blog, which is now at phrockblog.blogspot.com
-if you find it hard to search his site, I know there are other blogs that have uploaded it too. So you can search at www.captaincrawl.com, which is a fab music blog search engine, very useful!
P.s all credit goes to Phrock for the album artwork, he always puts top artwork in his uploads!
Nice to hear from you & hope you will be okay with this. (Of course I will re-do cd4 eventually anyway...sometime.) xx

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Hey, thanks for the links, that was very helpful! I have found the phrockblog and there got I got the CD4 with track 5 in it.

Then I realized it was even in 320! The links to the previous posts of that blog were no longer there, but I found another blog who had copied and reposted them (all in 320, yes all 18 CDs in 320):

http://freshgoodminimal.ro/?p=2516

Vol.1 and 2 are with rapidshare, while Vol.3 is on sharebee. That means there are several hosting sites for each file available.

Caution downloaders: since the OP had used a password protection, you will need it on the repost as well. So copy it while you are on the site, otherwise you will have a file you can't open.

psychelatte said...

Re-upped
CD 4 here

Exeter said...

WoW!
Thanks for all the great Krautrock
posts!

mr.rubbermate said...

hi!the mediafire link is unfortunally missing!could u help out?peace holger...

mr.rubbermate said...

it's the link to cd 4,sorry!

psychelatte said...

sorry about that, appears to have been deleted. will reupload asap!